Thursday, October 25, 2007

will i ever go back to mcdonald's again?

i was able to watch Supersize Me this morning...

it's a docu-film about the effects of fast food to our health... i have actually watched part of it already during my freshman days in college... but today was my first time to view the complete film.

some recalled facts and realizations:

- McNuggets are made with preservatives and chemicals... afterall, do you see nuggets from a chicken? [i wouldn't wonder why this is also called 'McFrankenstein']

-
in most public schools in the US, only 6 out of 36 meals served are cooked by the school concessionaire. the rest, preheated... and reheated from the boxes.

- Texas is known as the 'fattest city in America'

- physical education/physical exercise should be 30 minutes a day, at least 3 times a week

- even McSalad has sugar in it... [whaaat? tsk tsk tsk]

- if you eat McDonald's Supersize Meal three times a day for thirty days, you eat as much fat and sugar as you would for eight years... imagine taking up almost 30 lbs of sugar and 12 lbs of fat in just 30 days??? [gross...]

[those are just some effects of fast food in our health]
------------------------------------

it also reminded me of the news on formaldehyde content found on some foods from China...

------------------------------------

and me checking out articles about South Beach Diet... ^_^


-->>> argh! i've been craving for a McDonald's meal pa naman... haha... but after watching the film?? ayoko na... haha...

i think i'm really gonna pursue my vegetarian diet really soon... [of course, tatay and nanay won't allow me to eat just veggies for the rest of my life... -sigh- kaya i still need to eat fish, chicken, milk, or egg for protein and calcium]

but i would be happy if my parents would let me try South Beach Diet... haha... it's s pretty good test of self-control on my part coz although i'm not really a rice person, i eat potatoes and bread a lot... i think it will not test just the physical side of me but the spiritual side also....

quoting from mitch: "Lord, if that would draw me closer to You... i'll do it..." ^_^

3 comments:

KheN said...

I was able to watch this documentary more than one year ago. That was during our Media Production days in College.

Grabe, kahit ako nanawa sa burger nung mapanood ko...

leeflailmarch said...

Di ko pa napapanood 'yan.

Alam mo, I've been thinking of going vegan lately. Kasi sobrang madami ng meat replacements today sa health food sections ng grocery stores (not that I've personally checked them out already). We don't really need fish, chicken, milk or egg anymore for the protein and calcium. Kaya lang I think it's gonna be tough kasi walang masyadong makainan dito sa'tin na may menu for vegans. And ang mga kasama natin eh karamihan walang interes mag-vegan so baka mahatak kapag kainan na kasi lahat sila malayang naorder ng kahit na ano samantalang namimili tayo maigi ng meat-free meals. Hahaha. Pero sabi nga di ba if we put our mind to it we can do it.

giL =P said...

it's s pretty good test of self-control on my part coz although i'm not really a rice person, i eat potatoes and bread a lot... i think it will not test just the physical side of me but the spiritual side also....

quoting from mitch: "Lord, if that would draw me closer to You... i'll do it..." ^_^


Hahaha... may naaalala tuloy ako..haha..I think naaalala mo rin...and yes...I'm still doing that abstaining most of the time...hehe...but am not a vegetarian..haha..I eat chicken naman and meat(less than seldom hehe)